Change the Path, Not the Destination
Mountaineer will change the path if he comes across any obstacle on the way but his destination is always the Peak. A river changes the course but her destination is always the Ocean. On the path of life, we are in one of the five situations described below.
1. Person neither has any path nor any destination. Such people are mostly not doing much to alleviate their life and soul.
2. Person is actively doing something but neither the path nor the destination is clear to him. They may reach anywhere.
3. Person has knowledge that it is a good path but not much aware of about the destination. Mostly these people follow the footsteps of good soul and hope that they will also reach to good destination. Such people enjoy the journey and they are not much bothered about destination.
4. Person has clarity about destination but not sure of the path. They just keep the final destination in their mind and keep walking. They change the path as soon as realize that they are waking on wrong path.
5. Person who is clear about his destination and certain about the path. Quite possible that neither such destinations are great nor that path is exciting.
In case proper thought is not given while deciding final destination and consequences of walking on the path towards destination, chances are bright that one may have to change vision and mission frequently. That will result into waste of time, energy and resources.
Deep thinking, creativity, knowledge and experience are needed to decide vision or final destination. This will ensure effectiveness of your efforts. Right selection of path is needed to achieve highest efficiency. Though, effectiveness and efficiency both are needed for success in life; effectiveness is more critical.
It may happen that we need to change our strategy. However one shall not change the final goal unless it is established that there is no point in pursuing that goal.
दोहा by अविनाश बागड़े
छेड़छाड़ मत कीजिये,, कभी ध्येय के संग।
बदल दीजिये रास्ता, अगर हो रहे तंग।।