QGL (5 Qualities of Great Leaders)
Leaders of any field whether business, politics or philanthropy they
share few basic qualities.
1. Visionary : they all are visionary. They can imagine forest in a small seed. They have capability to imagine which even does not exist. They are big dreamers. While dreaming they do not feel any limitation. They can visualise impossibles. Gandhi dreamt of getting independence by non-violence. Which was unheard of that time. Ambani visualised giving mobile in the hand of poorest of poor. Ambedkar have spread the philosophy of Buddha in the life of masses.
2. Strategist : once their vision is set, great leaders have ability to find most simple and effective strategy or path to achieve their goal. They can see the path even where no path exists. It’s like climbing Everest and finding easiest and quickest path. They have amazing capability to explore all possible options and select the most effective one.
3. Hire Smart People : Successful leaders know that to reach the goal they need the help of most competent people who have quality of execution which he may lack. He will always hire and surround people who are smarter than him. He understand that his mission requires several capabilities which neither he got all not any one person can have. He believes in collective and team efforts.
4. Action Oriented : great leaders are action oriented. Always full of energy. Very quick in giving decisions. They have quality to see weak link in the chain. They never waste time and energy. They create efficient system and delegate responsibilities so that collective efforts give them exponential results.
5. Positive Thinker : Last but not least, great leaders are positive thinkers. Very optimist. Every leader and his team has to pass through lots of ups and downs but they are always full of positive thinking, positive attitude and keep morale and motivation of team very high. It is not that they do not fail but failure work as lesson and experience for them and they come up with alternate strategy and plan very quickly. They bounce back with even higher zeal. Even multiple failure do not raffle them.