Share Feelings Selectively
Sharing of Pain/Pleasure
I read somewhere that one should not share his/her pain or problem with the people always. Because 50% people are not interested in your problems and the rest are happy to see you in pain/problem. This compels me to think whether one should share his/her pleasures or not. Because 50% people may not be interested in your pleasures and rest may get jealous with you.
In the era of social media this question has become more pertinent whether one should share his/her pains/pleasure or not. Many a times we accept totally unknown persons as our friends on Facebook and other networking sites. And sometimes we even share insignificant matters in public. And people who have never seen you hit like buttons or comment on it, which seems that it is just an artificial show of happiness or concern.
Research shows that in-general men are hesitant to share their pain as compared to women but are liberal to show off their pleasure. The reason is probably men are more target oriented and as soon as they achieve their goal they like to disclose to entire world. And they prefer to hide their pain because that would expose their weakness. Whereas women are more emotion oriented and empathetic which makes them share pain or pleasure irrespective of differences of opinion.
In olden days, they believed that if you share your sorrow it becomes half and if you share your pleasure it gets doubled. But is it still relevant in a world where people are jealous with your progress and secretly happy for your pains? It’s really difficult to conclude! However, I would like to give my personal views about sharing of pain and pleasure in following tips.
5 tips about sharing of pain and pleasure:
1. Share the pain with genuinely closed people. Share with those who really care for you or have capability to reduce the same.
2. Share the pleasure in as humble manner as possible.
3. Remember that pain and pleasure both have short duration. With the passing of time, either it becomes irrelevant or pain may get converted into pleasure or pleasure may get converted into pain. Too much demonstration of both is not good.
4. Use your emotional intelligence while sharing pain or pleasure. Time, person and circumstance should be taken into consideration before sharing.
5. Public demonstration of both should be minimized.
दोहा by अविनाश बागड़े
सुख दुःख अपना बाँटिये, रखिये मगर ख्याल।
कभी प्रदर्शन ना करें, दोनों का हर हाल।।
For Hindi Blog: http://nectarofwisdom.in/2019/12/23/sfs/