Begin With End
When we step-out of a house, our destination is in our mind. But most of us are living entire life without any purpose. It might not be easy to decide the ultimate goal however; it’s also not difficult to decide short-term and medium-term goals. Goals may be materialistic, emotional, intellectual or spiritual but life without goal is like a bird without wings. For e.g. people without goal might achieve something but their achievement will always be lower than their potential. If a proper guidance is available, goals could be more defined and specific.
Expert say that your goals must be SMART (Specific; Measurable; Attainable; Relevant; Time Bound). If goals are not SMART then they are not goals, they are just wishes. Written goals have always better chances of getting fulfilled so always keep writing and modifying goals periodically. When the END is defined, chances are very high that you will reach the END otherwise wherever you reach, you consider that as the END.
5 Tips to set Goals.
1. Visualise your life and decide on short-term and long-term goals.
2. Let the goals be SMART. (Specific; Measurable; Attainable; Relevant; Time Bound).
3. Write them down and make a strategy to achieve them.
4. Review your goals periodically and reset them as per relevance.
5. Take help of a expert if required.