Avoid Wasteful Expenditure
Although “what is wasteful” is a very relative term and it varies from person to person; yet, it is a decision of ones own wisdom. One may be very rich but living in a city having acute water shortage. In that scenario, he will be forced to use water wisely. On the other hand, one very poor person living on the bank of a flowing river might use water liberally without giving a second thought.
Abundance of resources should not be a criteria for utilizing and wasting things. For instance, in a buffet most people fill their plates without thinking whether they will be able to finish it or not. In country like India, we cannot think of wasting food, where more than 50% of population gets food once a day only. Also, for providing resources (such as power and water) at subsidized rates, government has to put lot of efforts, which is why, one needs to be very stringent in utilizing such resources.
5 Tips to avoid wasteful expenditure.
1. Identify waste areas such as water, electricity, fuel, paper etc.
2. Adopt 4R’s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Recover.
3. Use alternative method like video conferencing instead of traveling.
4. Utilize cheaper but same quality products.
5. Encourage and educate children and youth for waste minimization.
दोहा by अविनाश बागड़े
जरुरत के अनुसार ही, भरिये सदा गिलास।
उतना ही जल लीजिये, जितनी होवे प्यास।।