Are You Effective?
If you are a competent person it does not mean you are effective. Our ability can give us efficiency but not necessarily the effectiveness. Efficiency can make you a better manager but effectiveness makes you a leader. If you are an effective person it does not mean you are efficient too. Efficiency is doing things accurately whereas effectiveness is doing the right things. Efficiency is climbing on a hill as fast as possible in a correct manner but effectiveness is climbing on the right hill. Efficiency is walking as fast as possible on the path but effectiveness is walking on the right path.
To achieve great success it is important that we are efficient as well as effective. But effectiveness is more important than efficiency. A good leader can achieve efficiency by getting things done from subordinates but effectiveness cannot be delegated.
5 qualities needed to become effective:
1. First and foremost quality needed is – Right Vision. One must be able to visualize entire jungle in a single seed.
2. One must be a strategist and should be able to select the right path to realize a vision.
3. One should select the right team to walk on the path selected to reach the final destination.
4. One must be an excellent crisis manager who can remain cool and think clearly in the situation of crisis.
5. One must be great motivator to lead his team with great enthusiasm and everlasting zeal.
दोहा by अविनाश बागड़े
रहे लक्ष्य पर जो अडिग, लिए सोच सद्भाव।
जीवन की इस भीड़ में, उसका बने प्रभाव।।