How to Make sure that people remember your name?
Until and unless you are a celebrity, chances are very slim that a person will remember your name after meeting you for the first time. Research says that it requires around 5-7 meeting before your name gets registered with a person.
The main reason for not remembering the name is that people are not able to create an image with your name. They are not able to link your name and your face. People will remember your face and other details about you but they tend to forget the name. It is worse for people like me who have a short memory. Quite often I confess to people and ask them to excuse me for my short memory and growing age.
Though it is the other person’s responsibility to remember your name but it is equally our duty as well to make sure that the other person does not forget your name.
5 Tips to make sure that other people remember your name
1. While introducing repeat your name twice e.g. “I am Hemant, Hemant Lodha.”
2. During the talk try to insert your name in the conversation e.g. “My father use to tell Hemant…. “
3. While introducing link your name with famous personalities, places etc. e.g.– Hemant, Hemant Kumar the famous singer.
4. If your name has a meaning then try to explain it while introducing yourself. Like Hemant is also the name of a season in Hindi language.
5. After the first meeting send a “Thank you” message for the meeting. You may connect on social media and send birthday wishes, seasons greetings etc.