Unwise Defends Criticism
We humans have a tendency that when any one criticizes us, we immediately go in a defensive mode and start protecting ourselves. We may lie; we may give several justifications to prove that we are not wrong. In our educational institutes we have never been taught, how to accept criticism.
Basically, criticism triggers fear of punishment or rejection which is why, we start justifying our actions. It is not necessary that all criticisms are correct. It is quite possible that criticizer is biased and attacking politically or not wise enough to understand your point of view. It is important to differentiate between genuine criticism, unwise criticism and politically motivated criticism. Handling the criticism is an art.
5 Tips to handle criticism:
1. To know who is criticizing is important, whether he is a friend or a foe or fool.
2. If criticism is from a competitor defend it by facts, without revealing your emotions.
3. Listen carefully and introspect.
4. Avoid arguments. Just say thank you and carry on.
5. If you realize your mistake, accept it with all humility, and take steps to rectify it.
दोहा by अविनाश बागड़े
निंदा अपनी सुन कभी ,होना नहीं उदास।
बुद्धिमान रखते सदा ,निंदक अपने पास।।