Learn to Digest Poison
When the AMRUT MANTHAN (extraction of nectar) was done by all DEV (deity), poison also came up as byproduct. MAHADEV (Shiva) came forward and drank all poison and hold it in his throat so that universe can be saved from negative impact of poison. Whenever you will do good work, negative byproducts are inevitable. If you take juice from sugar cane, thrash has to be disposed properly. When we eat food, sewage need to be disposed scientifically. Take any work, good and bad outcome are like twins. Good work becomes great when we know how to treat bad outcome also.
In relationship also, when you help and support someone, some negative outcomes are obvious and one becomes great, when one has developed a tolerance for accepting negativeness with a selfless smile. It is easier said than done. But then it is not easier also to become MAHADEVA.
There are 3 kind of people. ASUR (Devils), Human and DEVA (Angels). Devils are always thinking about doing destruction or harming the people. Human thinks tit for tat. If someone has done good, I will recipocrate good or if someone done wrong with me I will revenge but Deva always thinks doing good for others without any expectation of appreciation or reward.
5 Steps to digest Poison
1) Generation of poison is natural outcome of anything worthwhile you do.
2) Accept the poison along with nectar with equal respect.
3) Find out the best way for disposal of poison so that negative consequences can be avoided.
4) People surrounding you, will take the nectar without any hesitation, rather grab it, and may abuse or criticise you for poison generated. Accept criticism gracefully.
5) Expect nothing, Accept everything is quality needed to become MAHADEVA.