Comfort zone can give you bread. For butter, step out!
Intensity of desire & the power to achieve is the thing that differentiates humans from animals. Animals are satisfied with the food they get once in a day but humans have higher desire/wants and makes effort to accumulate at least for 7 generations. Philosophically it may not be right but humans havea natural desire to grow and there is nothing wrong in making continuous efforts for achieving the growth.
Study shows that children who are raised in a comfort zone perform poorly in studies as compared to children whose future is not secured by their parents. Comfort zone can give normal growth but to reach next level one need to step out and take risk. Why it happens that employees in private sector are more productive even though they are paid less as compared to public sector and government employees. The reason is simple. Job of government sector employees is secured and private sector employee can keep his job as long as he is performing.
After completing education, you will find that students who choose job, deep inside they are searching for comfort zone and students who are ready to take risks and face the world, would try out entrepreneurship. If you are presently living in a comfort zone due to any reason but want to go next level and grow exponentially, step out and take risks.
5 Steps for getting out of the comfort zone:-
1. First identify, whether you are in comfort zone and do you have any need to leave it. If your growth since last 5 years is not more than 5-10% then you are living in the comfort zone.
2. Do your SWOC analysis – Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Challenges.
3. Consciously search opportunities in your areas of strength.
4. Make proper business plan and do risk analysis.
5. Choose most appropriate opportunity as per your SWOC analysis and take action to make it successful.
दोहा by अविनाश बागड़े
सुविधाभोगी आदमी, थोड़े में संतोष
रोटी पर मक्खन मिले, हो इच्छा और जोश।।