Anger Burns Wisdom
Anger is one letter short of Danger. When flame of anger ignites, the very first thing it does is to destroy our wisdom. Whatever begins in anger; ends up in shame. When anger opens its gate, wisdom closes all its outlets. In anger intellect stops working and control goes in the hands of emotions. When we regain our cool, we regret our actions. However, by that time anger is done with its job of destruction. Subsequently, keeping control on anger is the highest level of wisdom.
The main reason of anger is our EGO also known as AHANKAR. When other person is unsuccessful in fulfilling our expectations, our ego starts building negative thoughts towards that person. We do not see the reason behind it especially from other’s point of view. Rather we keep on expecting from our viewpoint. The irony is that our anger is quicker and aggressive for our dear ones. Anger and stress live together in our mind and is the main cause of our bad health.
5 Tips to control Anger.
1. Develop a habit of detecting early signs of anger.
2. As soon as you realize that your anger is increasing, stop all communications.
3. Revisit the situation from other person’s point of view, analyze
and find out actual cause of unpleasant situation.
4. Forgetting and forgiving are the main mantras for controlling and diminishing anger and maintaining peace in life.
5. Try to be moderate with your expectations from others.
दोहा by अविनाश बागड़े
चिंगारी जब क्रोध की, उड़ती है बिंदास।
सकल समझदारी बने, सबसे पहला ग्रास।।