SBM (See Beyond Masks)
In this world, 99 out of 100 people wear mask while interacting with others. Few people are so expert in changing the mask while dealing with different people, at different time and in different situations,that it is impossible to know the truth. Honestly, we have become so used to change the mask that we ourselves have forgotten our true identity; leaving a little chance for others to know our real nature, intentions and personality. Whether you are dealing with an employee, customer, supplier, boss, colleague, friend, relative or even your own spouse, possibility cannot be ruled out that person has something beyond his words and actions. However success of a person whether at home or at work depends on how accurately one can see beyond the mask and understand the real intentions of people. When our actions are in accordance with real intentions of people, effectiveness increasesmanifold. It is not that people always have bad intentions, even good intentions are hidden and one needs to know what lies beyond the mask. Sometimes it is almost impossible to know the real intentions of people but if we are alert and conscious, most of the time we will know that person has some hidden agenda and we will be alert next time.
5 tips on how to see beyond the mask:
1. Initially, start with zero level of trust with other party. It does not mean that we distrust the person. Even a person we trust the most, sometimes do not have right words to clarify his/her intentions.
2. Be alert in interaction. Be conscious. Keep alert your all senses. People convey 65% of their message through body language only.
3. Ask questions where answers are not just limited to Yes or No, but one is compelled to describe more and more.
4. Every person has his own reputation, aura and past record. If dealing first time, take referrals. More you know about a person, more it will be easy to crack his masks.
5. At the end if you have doubt on your judgment about a person’s intention, either withdraw or take no action or minimal action.