RDD (Role Decide Duty)
Role Decide Duty
In Mahabharata, Arjuna had identity crisis on the battle field of Kurukshetra. He came as fighter on the battle ground but when he saw his relatives, guru and friends on opposite side he forgot that he is fighter and remembered just his relation with each of them. Facing the duty as a warrior to fight the Dharma Yudhha or righteous war between Pandavas and Kauravas, Krishna counseled Arjuna to fulfill his duty as a warrior and establish Dharma. This conversation in Geeta made Arjuna realize his real role and real duty.
In our day to day life also we face identity crisis. Our identity changes according to people, place and circumstances. At work we are boss and at home we are life partner. With parents we are children but with children we become parent. Before taking any action if we can recall our real role in given circumstances, place and people; our actions cannot go wrong.
Difficulty arises when the role is complex and duties are contradictory or conflicting. In such situation deep and clear thinking can help in realizing right duty. Many times it is advisable to be just observer and onlooker rather than taking any action.
5 Tips How to decide real Role and Duty:
1. Think about your real role before speaking or acting.
2. In case of confusion, clarify and get clarity about your role from all the concerned people.
3. Do not speak or act till role is ascertained.
4. As far as possible use suggestive tone instead of judgmental language in dealing with others. Use decisive language only when you have clarity about role.
5. Take advice of right people in clarifying your role before taking any action.