NIU (Nothing Is Ugly)
Human is the only creature on earth that uses his mind and intellect to judge & experience the things, plants, animals and other human beings. If you believe in the God and trust everything that is created by him then judging anyone/anything ugly is blaming the God. He has created everything unique but our ignorance makes decision on the basis of an outer beauty. If we like, we appreciate. If we do not like, we hate.
It is our senses that decide our likes and dislikes. Our senses are slave of our genes, upbringing, education and experiences. So the ugliness is not in the things or beings but ugliness lies within. When someone asked Dalai Lama, What is love? he said “Love is absence of judgment”. Judgment leads to liking and disliking, love and hate. Stop judging and start accepting the things and beings as they are and not as you like them to be.
5 Tips how to stop judging:
1. Be conscious about your senses, mind and intellect. As soon as you start judging, control it.
2. Try to look beyond looks. You will see usefulness in everything.
3. Everything is unique. Nothing is bad and ugly.
4. Being a human being sometimes it will not be possible to control your mind and intellect but at least control your words and actions to express your bad opinions.
5. Keep enhancing your knowledge and wisdom by reading and listening to wise people.