LIO (Love is Optional but Hate Shall Never be an Option)
Generally, you do not love the one who harms you. A normal human being won’t love Dhatura, Pig or a Terrorist. For them, there are 3 options. Fight, Ignore and/or Hate. For example we may fight with mosquito, ignore the snake and hate the pig. We fight when we know we are more powerful and can win. We ignore when we know that there is no point in fighting because the opponent is more powerful than us and it is not going to harm if we ignore. However, we hate when it is neither possible to win nor to ignore. And it has either harmed us or we are fearful that it will harm us.
Every religion teaches us to love and not to hate. If one goes deep into the feeling of hate, one can find that winning & ignoring is almost impossible. We may feel defeated & sometimes angry which develops the feeling of hatred. But we have to realize that hate is responsible for depression, disappointment and stress which harms us only. Hate is like an acid. It can damage the vessel in which it is stored as well as destroy the object on which it is poured. Hate is too strong emotion to waste on someone you dislike. It’s not worth. In my personal opinion, hate is a psychological disease which eats us from within.
5 tips to deal with the feeling of Hate:
1. As soon as you feel that you are developing hatred for someone, stop and analyze the reasons for the same. It may be anger, jealousy, greed, or just an imaginary reason. Deal with those emotions wisely.
2. Try to see things from the object’s point of view. For example, you hate a Scorpio even though you have never experienced its sting. It is foolishness.
3. First try to replace your feeling of hate by ignoring. Try to be in-different with the object or subject you hate.
4. As you start looking from other’s point of view, your hate feeling may convert into sympathy and understanding.
5. Loving all is ultimate point of enlightenment which was achieved by persons like Buddha, Mahavira, Christ, Mohammad etc. They did not hate even the people who harmed them.