KBB (Keep Building Bridges)
From first breath to last breath our personality changes at 4 levels. Physical, Psychological/ Emotional, Intellectual and Spiritual. Physical changes are visible. However other 3 changes may not be visible. Because of these changes one person is different from another person. Because of these differences each person behaves in a different way which sometimes becomes the reason of conflict.
In life every person we meet, we try to find common ground, attractions, liking and interests and develop relationship. These attractions and interests create bridges between 2 people’s at these 4 levels. If bridges are short and we keep strengthening these bridges, relationship become better and better. The day we build a bridge at spiritual level, relationship becomes long lasting.
Relationship at Physical level:
Physical relation may start with a handshake or a hug. If it happens with opposite sex, it may sometimes end up in sexual relations. It is more guided by sensual desires/needs and once that need is fulfilled, its attraction is lost. However this need may grow continuously, becoming a strong habit which helps couple to live longer together. However, if a need is exclusively at physical level, chances are more that it will be fulfilled soon and result into separation.
Relationship at Emotional level:
Most of the personal relationships whether with family, relatives or friends, are guided by emotions. Basis of emotional bonding is sacrifice, care and love. It works like an emotional bank account. The day you withdraw more than you have deposited, relationships start sliding. To make relationship strong on emotional ground it requires you to give, give and give.
Relationship at Intellectual level:
Most of the professional and social relationships are based on intellectual level. In such relationship, we give and we take. We give performance, we get reward. Reward may be in form of money, fame or power but such relationships are purely based on self interest.
Relationship at Spiritual level:
To develop such kind of relationship, it requires highest level of wisdom. At this level a person ignores all differences at physical, emotional and intellectual level and develops an ability to see another person at soul/ supreme level. He considers other person like himself (at the soul level). One accepts the other person as he is. Not as he wants. Differences, conflicts or confrontations completely melt down.
It is not that we have connection with another person at one level only. We have mostly mix of all these levels. The problem arises when these 4 levels are not in harmony and bridges created are weak or we burn those bridges by our stupidity. If you wish to have strong relationships, keep narrowing bridges and keep strengthening bridges by love, care, intelligence and wisdom.
5 tips for building bridges of relationship at different levels:
1. First decide to what extend you need to build bridge in particular relationship. For example, it may not be appropriate to have physical relation with a person other than spouse or intimate emotional relation with your office staff. Having right knowledge of limits in relationship is a key to develop long lasting relationship.
2. Each relationship is separate and each requires different bridge at all the 4 levels.
3. Keep building, narrowing, strengthening bridges by love, care, intelligence and wisdom.
4. Clear communication is a key to remove any misunderstanding and it helps in building everlasting relationship.
5. Keep analyzing relationship. It’s a continuous process. Accept mistakes without hesitation. Forget and forgive.