DPW (Dilute Poison Within)
As per Hindu Mythology, Gods and Demons once churned the ocean of milk to obtain nectar. While extracting nectar, lot of poison surfaced up. To save the world from the effect of poison, Lord Shiva consumed the poison & hence he is also called as Neelkantha. In this contemporary world, lot of poison is being created around us. This poison may be in the form of greed, jealousy, anger, ego, hate etc.
There can be 2 causes of this evil spread. One that people have against us and another that we have against others. There can be 2 reasons for people having spite against us. First is that they do not support our words and actions and second is they are jealous of our prosperity. For second reason you are helpless but you can control your words and actions in such a manner that people have minimum grudges against you. What people think about usis not in our control. But what we give them to think about us is in our control. When you cannot change thoughts of people just ignore and do not pollute your thoughts otherwise you will be accumulating unnecessary toxins in your mind and body.
The worst toxin is the one we gather against others without any awareness about other person. This happens mainly due to our ego, greed and jealousy. It gets accumulating and one day with little trigger it comes out as ugly vomit which spoils our relationship as well as our peace of mind. Our all efforts should aim towards zero accumulation of such malevolence in our mind. However, being a human being it may not be possible to have nil ego, greed, hate and jealousy. But the key is to keep on diluting such thoughts regularly so they never get concentrated so as to avoid their venomous outburst.
5 tips to handle poison within:
1. At the end of the day, recall your thoughts/feelings and try to find what negatives you think about others.
2. Put yourself in other person’s shoes and try to understand from his point of view. Chances are that your negative thoughts will dilute considerably.
3. In case you have developed greed or jealousy towards someone, analyze the reasons for the same and try to replace with positive thoughts.
4. If someone had hurt you without your fault, rather than developing ill feeling for the same person, plan to have one to one interaction to clarify the matter.
5. Forget and forgive is the best mantra to deal with negative feelings towards others.