BEE (Be Effectively Efficient)
How to become effectively efficient:
In our day to day life we play dual roles. As a Manager, we manage the things and as a Leader, we lead the people. At higher level the role of leader is more prominent and at lower level the role of manager is more significant. Manager needs to be more efficient and leaders need to be more effective.
Efficiency is driving the car as fast as possible where as effectiveness is driving the car on the right road. Leader with a long term vision decides the right road whereas manager with the efficient systems and proper resources drives the vehicle as fast as possible. Efficiency and effectiveness, both are important but importance is subjected to the kind of role you are playing.
5 Tips to be more effective:
- Create a long term vision. At least 5 years ahead.
- Have a proper study of market and competitors.
- Evaluate all possible paths and select which is most cost effective and quickest possible.
- Keep alternate path ready.
- Take quick action.
5 Tips to be more efficient:
- Get competent people in your team.
- Create efficient systems.
- Define clear roles and responsibilities.
- Set time bound goals and act accordingly.
- Have proper feedback and review system.